Monday, December 6, 2010

Say aww

If you've had a rough day, THIS is the post for you.

This weekend I had the chance to spend lots of quality time with Kimchi. She got to meet lots of new people and play all weekend long. She loved it, and it broke my heart to leave her to go to work today...



















Gah I adore her! How can you look at her and not wiggle in your chair and smile!

In other Kimchi news, I took her to the vet yesterday for her first round of immunizations. Turns out Kimchi is only 2 1/2 months old! I'd guessed she was at least six months based on dental information I found online (how shocking that it was wrong, I suppose). In addition, the vet told me that it looked like Lil Kim has a case of the flu, so she couldn't give her her immunization shots. Instead, she put her in a glass box for fifteen minutes, pumping some kind of gas into the box... although there were air holes in the box, so I probably inhaled whatever it is they were giving her. Then she gave her a shot (which Kim did NOT like at all) and handed me a syringe and six packets of medicine and wished me luck.

Awesome. Not only am I still a fairly new pet mama, but now i'm trying to force a syringe of terrible tasting medicine (from Kim's reaction anyways) into my 2 1/2 month old puppy's mouth twice a day for the next three days. It's been so traumatic for both of us, her not wanting to take her medicine, and me not wanting to break my (literally) 1 1/2 pound dog. At this point we're three down, three to go, so wish us luck!

- Christine -

No comments:

Post a Comment